Monday 8 December 2014

Wind

Today I managed 32kms, mostly into wind. I got to a picnic area called Avoca Dell, in Murray Bridge, and have trailered the boat to a Marina where we had arranged to keep it overnight. I expected to row in, but at 3pm I was making about 1kph with 8kms still to go, so It would have been a late night. This means I have taken about 8kms off the distance paddled. I think today's run puts me up to 1110 anyway.

Tomorrow more wind is forecast, and the following days are worse, so I intend to give it a go tomorrow and where I end up is "the end". I hope it will be Wellington. One could sit around here for weeks waiting for the wind to drop.

I had the company today of a kayaker, Joel. He is a Murray Bridge local but has paddled down from Yarrawonga, which is a long way. He also was fed up with the wind.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.